Automating compliance management
A tenet and guiding principle of the GDPR was for an organisation to achieve data protection by design and default, effectively enshrining data protection into business as usual activity.
What organisations are now beginning to recognise is that GDPR compliance is not a one-off event and the day to day effort to effectively maintain that compliance is proving to be a labour-intensive exercise, fraught with data breach risk and difficult to manage and control.
“Companies will need to increase automation and streamline their organisation if they are not to be overwhelmed by the challenge of sustaining GDPR compliance over the long term.”
– McKinsey 2018
How Infoboss helps
Infoboss provides the tools to efficiently meet your GDPR and other compliance obligations by automating many of the processes required. It enables you to:
- Automatically collect data from any data source;
- Store it in a secure, scalable, searchable enterprise data store;
- Index and classify the data using sophisticated regular expression rules;
- Discover PII and special category data;
- Conduct a data audit (ibAUDIT) – (the first step in GDPR compliance);
- Enforce data retention and data protection policies;
- Understand who has access to what data;
- Enforce data subject rights. E.g. Access (ibZIP), Erasure, Consent etc.; and
- Efficiently and effectively service data subject access requests (ibZIP)
In essence, Infoboss undertakes the heavy lifting (and perhaps mundane aspects) of the compliance manager’s role.
Our research found that on average it takes an organisation 12.9 days to comply with a DSAR. How do you fair?